Watermelon may not always be appealing as a salad ingredient, but it can be a fantastic addition to water. Not only is it hugely colourful and appealing to the eye but it offers a sweet and tangy taste that is effortlessly complemented by fresh basil!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 chopped watermelon slices, skin removed
- 1 mandarin or satsuma, finely sliced
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Fill your water bottle with water.
- Chop your watermelon slices down into smaller bites – roughly quarters, or maybe even smaller.
- Add these and the mandarin slices to your water bottle.
- Pluck some fresh basil (not too much – just a miniature handful will do) and scrunch it up in your hands.
- Pop these leaves into your water bottle and give them a few moments to infuse.
- Give the bottle a very gentle shake. Start drinking and feel refreshed!