1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 large chicken breasts, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1-2 tbsp of Thai green curry paste (depending on how hot you would like your soup)
2cm of lemongrass, bruised and chopped finely
Small piece of fresh chopped ginger
1 400ml can of coconut milk
100g of frozen edamame beans
2 bulbs bok choi
½ pack of mangetout
1 tbsp fish sauce
Handful of coriander to serve
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add the onions and fry until they are soft. Next add the chicken and cook until the chicken changes colour. Add the Thai green curry paste and fry for a further minute.
2. Next, pour in the coconut milk and add the fish sauce, lemongrass, and ginger. Bring to the boil and then turn the heat down until the soup is simmering. Simmer for 15 mins.
3. Add the beans, mangetout and bok choi and simmer for a further 5 mins or until the veg is cooked but still have a crunchy bite to them.
4. If you want a smoother soup, you could blend the soup with a stick blender or serve just as it is, for a chunky soup. Just before serving sprinkle with coriander leaves.
· If you have some leftover chicken, you can use that instead
· If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, you can replace the chicken with tofu or plant protein pieces.
· Add different vegetables as part of your five a day.