Vegan Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are truly the best way to start your day. Served warm or straight from the fridge, this is the perfect meal prep breakfast and a great way to save time in the mornings.
Made of very few, inexpensive ingredients, overnight oats can include various foods dependent on what you usually crave in the morning. This recipe is something for those with a sweet tooth and includes raspberries, chia seeds and cacao.
We know that grabbing a slice of toast or a cereal bar in the morning can seem like an easy solution to fill you up, but do they hold the right nutrients to begin your day with?
Oats are a good source of fibre which is fantastic for your digestive system, full of vitamins and minerals and are said to be one of the most nutrient-dense foods you can eat.
Along with adding nuts or seeds for protein, fruit for vitamins and minerals and other healthy ingredients, overnight oats are a fantastic meal for an energy boost in the morning.
What ingredients are needed for overnight oats?
- Old-Fashioned/Rolled Oats
- Milk – We would suggest using cashew, oat or pea milk for an extra creamy texture once your overnight oats are finished soaking
- Chia Seeds – Full of fibre, iron, calcium and omega-3, these tiny seeds are packed with goodness and expand once added to a liquid, so help with making your overnight oats even thicker and creamier!
- Flax Seeds – High in protein and fibre, flax seeds have a slightly nutty taste too which works well in overnight oats
- Sweetener – This part is optional, but we love adding agave nectar, golden syrup, maple syrup or dates for a sweet touch in this delicious breakfast
- Fruit – Many different fruits work well in overnight oats, paired with the right sweeteners and spices!
As you can see, overnight oats are very versatile. We are constantly switching up what we are having to keep things interesting! One combination we are currently loving is Raspberries and Cacao.
You really can’t get any better than combining fruit with chocolate. This healthy version uses either fresh or frozen raspberries which are a great source of fibre and vitamin C, along with cacao powder which is full of antioxidants, iron and magnesium.