You certainly have a good amount of Omega 3 healthy fats in this recipe, plus it tastes rather good! This can be eaten hot or cold. If eating cold, remember to cover the dish and chill in the fridge until ready to load into your pots
Serves: 1 X 700ml food pots
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 100g pasta shells
- 1 ripe avocado, peel and stone removed
- 200g salmon fillets, poached for 10 minutes
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Wrap salmon fillets in foil with some lemon slices, and poach in the oven for approximately 10 minutes at 170°C. When cooked, turn off the oven and leave there until pasta is finished.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water following pack instructions.
- Put the avocado in a food processor along with the oil, garlic, half the parsley, a good squeeze of lemon and a large pinch of seasoning. You could mash the mix as well if you don’t have a food processor.
- When the pasta is cooked, reserve approximately 100ml of the cooking water and drain.
- Toss the avocado sauce through the pasta. Flake or chunk the salmon and stir through adding the reserved cooking water bit by bit. Gently heat through.
- Season with lots of black pepper and another squeeze of lemon, to taste.
- Chop the remaining parsley and stir through to serve.
Calories 501, Fat 31g, Saturates 6g, Carbohydrates 32g, Sugar 2g, Fibre 8g, Protein 19g, Salt 1.5g