Leftover Easter Egg Recipe: Choco-Fudge
If you love fudge, then you’ll love this easy choco-fudge recipe which uses your leftover Easter egg for flavouring. It takes a little while to prepare but you’ll love the result, that we can guarantee. Plus, spending a little time preparing something you and the family will love will help to pass the time in isolation.
You will need:
- 25g butter
- 150ml of evaporated milk
- 275g of caster sugar
- 200g of milk chocolate Easter egg chunks
- 75g of mini marshmallows
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 20cm square cake tin
- Line the base and sides of the cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Put the butter, evaporated milk, caster sugar, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt into a pan. Stir the ingredients together over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, bring the mixture to the boil and simmer for exactly 6 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat, add the marshmallows and the Easter egg chunks straight away and stir until melted.
- Tip the mixture into the lined tin, level off the top and leave to set for 2 hours.
- Once set cut into 20 squares and enjoy!
We can’t wait to see your homemade choco-fudge pictures tag us on Instagram @hydratem8.