How to Make a Perfect Latte from Home
With it almost impossible to get a barista-made coffee from your local coffee shop on your way to work, you’re probably missing your early morning fix. If you’re working from home, isolating or shielding you can easily become a barista at home with this simple Latte recipe. Dust off that redundant coffee maker and get inspired.
You will need:
- 18g of ground espresso or 1 espresso pod depending on the type of machine you have
- 250ml milk
- Prepare the espresso according to your coffee machine specification. You’ll need 35ml of espresso.
- Pour the espresso into the bottom of the 300-350ml cup.
- If you have a steamer attachment on your machine, steam the milk until it has up to 3cm of foam on top.
- Hold the jug of steamed milk about 3cm above the cup and carefully pour in the milk. As the volume in the cup increases, bring the spout of the jug as close to the surface of the drink as you can – pour the milk into the centre of the drink.
- You can create a pattern with the milk by tilting the jug to speed up the rate at which the milk is poured. The milk will hit the back of the cup creating a pattern.
We’d love to see your attempts at your work-from-home latte tag us @hydratem8 on Instagram!