This Thai green curry is perfect for vegans or anyone who just fancies a veg packed meal. It’s tasty and easy enough to make for an evening meal and the leftovers are great for your food pot.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion
1 red bell pepper
2 chilli peppers
8 pieces of baby corn
300g butternut squash
2 handfuls of edamame beans
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
3 tbsp Thai green curry paste
2 cans of coconut milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Handful of fresh basil
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1. In a large pan, heat the oil and add the onion, ginger, and Thai green curry paste. Sauté until the onions have softened.
2. Add the butternut squash and cook for a further 3 minutes.
3. Next, add the corn, edamame beans, broccoli, courgettes, pepper, chilli peppers and coconut milk.
4. Simmer until the vegetables have softened but are still firm. Usually 20-25 minutes.
5. Turn the heat off and add in the basil and sugar. Give the curry a good stir until the basil has wilted.
6. Cook a packet of microwaveable brown rice according to the instructions. Once cooked add the rice to the pot and mix in with the curry.
7. Add the curry to your food pot for a fragrant and tasty lunchtime alternative.