Vegan Lunch On the Go
There are so many benefits to meal prepping – saving money, time and having a lunch to look forward to everyday to name a few! So we have compiled four vegan meal prep lunch ideas to inspire you.
The Ultimate Comfort Food – Vegan Pasta!
Meal prepping doesn’t have to mean boring meals, so why not treat yourself to some pasta?
Choose your preferred pasta shape and try out some of our ideas below.
If you are looking for something slightly healthier, we recommend trying lentil pasta or pea protein pasta – Equally as delicious!
Jars of vegan pesto can be purchased very easily from supermarkets now. Take a couple of tablespoons of pesto, add it to your cooked pasta and greens (we love broccoli and green beans) and stir through – Simple!
Creamy Vegan Mac n Cheese
Sometimes all you need is a bit of comfort food. Try out this creamy cheese sauce for adding to your preferred pasta.
This sauce is full of protein and antioxidants from the main ingredient – cashews, along with fibre from the oat milk and vitamin B12 from the nutritional yeast. So, although this feels like a naughty dish, it actually has many benefits!
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 – 2 cups of unsweetened oat milk
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the cashews in warm water for around 1 hours until soft. This ensures they will fully blend to make a creamy sauce.
- Once softened, drain the cashews and rinse with water.
- Add your cashews, oat milk, mustard powder, garlic powder and nutritional yeast to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Give your mixture a taste and add some salt and pepper to taste. If needed, add more garlic, mustard or nutritional yeast depending on your preference. Blend again until smooth.
- Add on top of your warm pasta and stir until combined. If reheating days later, you may have to add some water or oat milk to thin the sauce slightly once heated.
Keeping It Simple – The Humble Sandwich
We know sometimes it can be hard to think of vegan meal prep ideas, but simplicity is key – and who can deny a delicious sandwich?
Ham and Cheese
Find yourself some vegan substitutes such as Quorn ham and Violife cheese to make this classic.
Now, this is something you’ll be thinking about all morning!
Get yourself a bacon substitute (we recommend THIS Isn’t Bacon) and pile your sandwich high with lettuce and tomatoes. Add some sauces to spice things up such as egg-free mayo or some hot sauce.
For a healthy take, swap out the bacon with avocado. This will make for a creamy, indulgent lunch that all of your work colleagues will be jealous of.
Drain your chickpeas and mash with some vegan mayo, cut up nori sheets for the fish flavour and some sweetcorn for a replacement for the classic tuna sweetcorn sandwich.
This meal prep is easy to make and highly versatile. We like to make this in bulk so we have enough for around five days, freeing up some time and saving us money during the working week!
- Choose your noodle type, or replace with rice, quinoa or cous cous.
- Roast or stir fry some vegetables.
- Add mock meat, tofu or pulses to bulk up the dish and add some extra protein.
- Pour on top your sauce and stir through until warm.
We think it’s all in the sauce when it comes to noodle bowls, and there are so many different types to choose from!
- Sweet and sour
- Peanut satay
- Soy sauce
- Sweet chilli
- Garlic and miso
Can’t Decide? We Know That Choosing A Meal Prep Lunch For A Whole Week Can Be Hard!
We completely understand having the same thing for lunch every single day can be boring for some, so we recommend starting with a base of roasted veggies that you can use for different meals each day.