Vegan Breakfast Ideas – Food On The Go
We know that breakfast is the meal that people skip the most, so why not meal prep for the week ahead? We’ve compiled three vegan meal prep breakfast ideas to inspire you to start your day in the right way – with so much energy for the day ahead!
Avocado toast is very easy to make and simply delicious!
Avocados are not only very filling, they are loaded with fibre and contain more potassium than bananas. Potassium can reduce high blood pressure, heart disorders and stress, so is definitely something we should all be consuming more of!
Mash 1 avocado with salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil to taste. Add into your box or storage jar and top with some more lemon juice – This helps prevent the avocado from browning.
Alternatively if you would like to avoid your avocado browning all together, pop your whole avocado into your bag, add your salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil mixed into a small container and prepare when you are ready.
Add on top of toast or crackers for a delicious, nutritional breakfast. You can also use this mix for adding into salads or stirred into pasta for a creamy sauce.
Try topping with lemon juice, hot sauce, chilli flakes or seeds for something a little different each time.
A vegan replacement for scrambled eggs that is full of protein, iron, calcium and antioxidants – and that is from the tofu alone!
This delicious dish can be made easily in just minutes and is a versatile one. Meal prep the scramble part and eat alone, or put on top of toast or bagels.
How To Make Tofu Scramble (Serves 2)
With this recipe, feel free to follow this loosely. All weights are approximate dependent on how hungry you are and your dietary requirements.
- Oil or vegan butter for frying with
- ¼ white onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 280g firm tofu
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 – 2 tbsp water or vegan milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp black salt (Optional – This natural ingredient will add a taste of eggs to your scramble)
- If your tofu isn’t pre-pressed, ensure you press it either in a tofu press or by putting it in between a tea towel underneath something heavy for around 30 minutes so all of the liquid drains from the block.
- Add a glug of oil or a teaspoon of vegan butter to your pan and warm to a medium heat.
- Add in your chopped onion and sliced bell pepper. Fry for around 5 – 7 minutes until softened.
- Crumble your tofu block by hand and add into your pan. Cook for around 3 minutes.
- Whilst your tofu is cooking, combine your spice mix with either water or vegan milk to create a sauce.
- Add your sauce to your scramble and cook for a further 5 minutes until the sauce is slightly absorbed and the tofu is beginning to brown.
- Serve on top of toast or a bagel. Add optional toppings such as hot sauce, fresh herbs or even some vegan cheese for something a little bit naughty!
A time saving breakfast that is perfect for if you are into meal prepping.
A few simple ingredients that are low cost and this breakfast really takes no time at all to prepare. It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3 – Combine your ingredients in a jar, add vegan milk and stir – Done!
Start out by trying our Easy Raspberry and Cacao Overnight Oats.
Or why not top yours with a zero calorie syrup? Check out Eat Lean’s exciting new range of flavours.
What is your favourite breakfast to meal prep? Be sure to tag us on Instagram @hydratem8 so we can see!
Check out our range of HydrateM8 food pots to store your breakfast on the go, hot or cold, in the easiest way possible